1957 Maserati 300S - Recreation by Paul Weldon of Church Green Engineering / Leiter Motor Company
Maserati built 26 300S sports-racing cars between 1955 and 1959, with the model becoming one of the greatest 1950s sports racers ever made and helping solidify Maserati as one of the all time great race car manufacturers.
This recreation has been built over the past 15 years using a 1966 Maserati Sebring Series II as the basis, but with a period correct Tipo 101 3,485cc DOHC straight-six engine, derived from the Maserati 350S sports-racing cars.
The conversion was undertaken by Paul Weldon of Church Green Engineering, who has restored a number of original Maserati sports-racers, including 300S chassis #3057, and with the engine being fully rebuilt during 2017/18 by Maynard Engines of Stroud.
With remarkable attention to detail and a number of parts, including the bodywork, replicated directly from an original car, this car captures the beauty and ethos of the legendary 300S sports-racing car.